Who are we and what do we do?
“Our mission is to teach the world to grow.
We hope you’ll join us.”
Why our work matters?
The way our society and world at large is trending is unsustainable. We’ve evolved culturally and societally much faster than our biology. The activities and habits that kept us healthy and happy in ancient times still do, and yet few of us have any clue how to perform them.
We don’t just provide education: we seek to empower the everyday person with the knowledge and ability to produce their own food, care for plants and reconnect with nature.
Not in an esoteric sense, either – we find that when someone learns how to grow plants, that knowledge awakens a deeper passion for nature within them and ultimately deeper respect for the planet we live on.
Gardening allows us to reclaim some of that primal activity that we as humans find so fulfilling, but it also strengthens the ties to our local communities and neighbors. It improves our mental health – we’ve received many messages to date from members of the Epic Gardening community expressing that learning to grow food got them out of a depression. Some have even written us saying that learning to garden quite literally saved them from committing suicide.
The time we invest in gardening pays us back in more ways than we can imagine – for ourselves, for our friends and family, and for the world itself. That is why our work matters.
What’s it like to work at Epic Gardening?
Epic Gardening is a values-driven company. We make sure our values are direct, specific, and speak to the lenses through which our team views the world. We don’t just speak about our values, our team lives them with every decision we make.
Our values serve as a way to guide our action toward our north star: teach the world to grow.
- Health, dental, and vision for EG Team Members on day 1
- Option to add spouse and dependents
- Health savings accounts
- Short and long term disability, life, and personal accident insurance
- On-time direct deposit pay
- Immediate access to 401k
- Results-based yearly bonus
- Equity options, you will own a piece of Epic Gardening
- Unlimited vacation policy, which we’ll actually make sure you use
- Flexible schedule – we care about results, not hours
- Work from our future office, your home, or wherever you are in the world (exceptions apply for some roles)