I’m looking for an exceptionally proactive, organized, detail-oriented, and communicative person to be my assistant at Epic Gardening.
- This is not an entry-level position. You MUST have at least 2 years of experience working remotely as an assistant for a business owner.
- Expect to get several requests per day from me minimum, many of which include tasks that must be done that day.
- You’ll handle my business details, including scheduling, customer service requests, researching gardening projects, email, etc.
- This is a part-time role, starting between 10-20 hours per week. Depending on how we work together, this could increase to a full-time position.
- This is a remote position, so you can work anywhere in the United States during Pacific Standard Time hours. We communicate via Slack and video conferencing.
Why Work at Epic Gardening?
Before we get into the role, why would you even want to work at Epic Gardening?
This role gives you location and time flexibility, as it’s remote. I care about results, not “looking busy,” so there won’t be any jumping through hoops to “look like you’re doing a good job.”
You will be communicating with me personally on a day to day basis, and have access to the inner workings of a successful, passion-driven business helping hundreds of thousands of people around the world learn to grow food.
We get dozens of messages every day from people around the world talking about how the work here at Epic Gardening has changed not only their gardens, but their lives. You’ll be an integral part of this mission.
You’ll have insider access to gardening products and companies that we work with. You can even test out upcoming plant varieties, tools, and systems in your own garden!
Sound good? Keep reading!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage content, including scheduling content, formatting newsletters, and keeping team on track
- Maintain daily calendar, arrange calls, meetings, and podcast interviews while making sure all details are handled in a clear and organized manner
- Assist with monitoring of my inbox and emails, including responding to customers, followers, and business contacts
- Provide preliminary research on topics for upcoming gardening videos, articles, and other media
- Handle some personal tasks such as scheduling personal appointments, ordering items, and maintaining household
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to manage multiple incoming requests, while ensuring they are relayed or handled at the appropriate time, in the necessary order, and in the correct manner
- High level of experience with Google Apps, WordPress, and social media platforms
- Knowledge of Slack and Asana
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and tools
- Capability to set up new systems and processes in order to streamline business and save both myself and the Epic Gardening team time
Education and Experience
- At least 2+ years of experience working as a remote assistant for a business owner
- Ability to handle several requests and/or tasks per day
- Exceptional ability to communicate progress on multiple projects
- Highly organized and efficient
- Trustworthy with a strong personal integrity
- Forward-thinker who can proactively handle circumstances to head off future problems
- Experience managing calendars
- Must be reachable during the hours of 9am-5pm PST and respond to messages within 2 hours
- Top-notch communication via Slack, video conference, and phone
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- Since this is a virtual position, must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal oversight while getting the job done
As you can see, you need to be TOP NOTCH. If you are still interested, please apply here.