- 10 Best Hygrometer Reviews
- 1. AcuRite 02083M Home Temperature & Humidity Station
- 2. Temp Stick Wireless Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- 3. ThermoPro TP65A Thermometer Hygrometer
- 4. AcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer & Thermometer
- 5. Govee Wireless Humidity Works
- 6. ThermoPro TP53 Hygrometer
- 7. Cigar Oasis Analog Hygrometer
- 8. Govee Thermometer Hygrometer
- 9. SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer
- 10. AcuRite 02097M Wireless Humidity Sensor/Thermometer
- What Is A Hygrometer?
- Best Hygrometer Features
It’s no secret that we love our plants. As gardeners, it’s our job and passion to keep them healthy and thriving, whatever the ambient weather. However, that isn’t possible without maintaining the proper conditions. And if you want to know what the humidity level is, you’ll need the best hygrometer you can get!
Humidity levels are different all over the world, and each plant is used to its native conditions. If you’re going to grow a plant outside of where it adapted, you’ll have to mimic the humidity to keep it happy. This can be done with humidifiers, de-humidifiers, evaporating trays, etc. But, no matter what you use to control the humidity, you can’t do so until you know what changes need to be made.
That’s where getting the best hygrometers comes into play. These humidity monitor devices read the humidity in the air and put it in a simple percentage for you. With one, you’ll always know what the humidity levels in your growing space are, and make sure you take action from there. They’re essential to a well-functioning greenhouse or indoor garden.
|Multi-Room FunctionAcuRite 02083M Home Temperature & Humidity StationMulti-Room Function||Check Current Price|
|Remote MonitoringTemp Stick Wireless Temperature & Humidity SensorRemote Monitoring||Check Current Price|
|Large DisplayThermoPro TP65A Thermometer HygrometerLarge Display||Check Current Price|
|Compact SizeAcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer & ThermometerCompact Size||Check Current Price|
|Advanced SystemGovee Wireless Humidity WorksAdvanced System||Check Current Price|
|Backlit ScreenThermoPro TP53 HygrometerBacklit Screen||Check Current Price|
|Classy LookCigar Oasis Analog HygrometerClassy Look||Check Current Price|
|Smart NotificationGovee Thermometer HygrometerSmart Notification||Check Current Price|
|Easy SetupSensorPush Wireless Thermometer/HygrometerEasy Setup||Check Current Price|
|Fully WirelessAcuRite 02097M Wireless Humidity Sensor/ThermometerFully Wireless||Check Current Price|
10 Best Hygrometer Reviews
1. AcuRite 02083M Home Temperature & Humidity Station
- Monitors environmental conditions in up to four...
- Bold, color digital display shows temperature and...
- Multi-sensor weather station provides reliable 12...
This hygrometer comes with three sensors and one large digital display. The display shows all locations at once while also acting as a humidity meter, giving you a total of four places you can monitor at once. The real kicker with this one is that it has extra features besides humidity, including temperature, barometric pressure, time and date, and a 12-24 hour weather forecast.
The sensors work well indoors and outdoors. They’re also compatible with other AcuRite devices. If you don’t have access to the humidity monitor, they’ll let you know your readings through an app or online. If you’re looking for one of the best digital hygrometers, you can’t go wrong with AcuRite!
- Provides detailed information
- Takes backup batteries
- Easy readability
- The temperature range only goes down to 32°F
- Some users have reported lagging data
2. Temp Stick Wireless Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- Remote Wifi Temperature and Humidity Monitor. 5...
- Superior 1 Year+ battery life! Completely...
- Check-in remotely from anywhere, anytime using...
If you’re willing to invest in a high-quality hygrometer, Temp Stick has one just for you. This device can keep you updated from anywhere in the world! Well, as long as there’s a WiFi connection. All you do is place the small sensor, download a free app, and start monitoring from your phone, tablet, or pc.
This hygrometer measures temperature and humidity with an error margin of ±0.4°C and ±4%RH, respectively. The app can pair to multiple sensors so you can keep track of more locations. It also has unlimited storage for data logging so you can review the trends.
- Monitor from anywhere with WiFi
- Text and email alerts
- Links to multiple remote sensors
- Must have a WiFi connection to monitor
- iPhone hotspots and guest networks can be unreliable
3. ThermoPro TP65A Thermometer Hygrometer
- 【3 YEAR WARRANTY】REGISTER your ThermoPro TP65A...
- 【Cold-Resistant and Weatherproof】With upgraded...
- 【200ft Remote Range】Indoor/outdoor thermometer...
This ThermoPro hygrometer features a large, touchscreen display. It provides plenty of detailed information including humidity, temperature, trend arrows, and the high/low of all time and the last 24 hours. The screen also includes a touch-activated blue backlight and easy switching between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
When you order this product, you’ll get the humidity and temperature monitor and a small, faceless sensor. The monitor supports additional sensors if needed (up to three). It also works as a sensor itself. It has a foldout stand, magnetic back, and wall mount.
The sensors are cold-resistant for optimal outdoor use. It will monitor humidity levels in conditions as low as -31°F. Instead of batteries, it can be charged with a USB charging cable (included).
- Touchscreen monitor
- Rain and cold-resistant
- Doesn’t display all the info at a glance
4. AcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer & Thermometer
- Indoor relative humidity
- Indoor temperature, including daily high and low...
- Simple easy-to-read display
If you’re not convinced about how useful a hygrometer will be, this is a great device to try it out on. It’s pocket-sized, portable, and reasonably priced for the newbie. The screen will show you the temperature and humidity level, and keeps track of the high and low readings of the day. It even rates the current humidity as low, high, or ok, which is great for checking at a glance.
The device is easy to place thanks to its foldout stand and magnetic back. It’s a humidity meter which will show you only what you really need to know right away. This is the perfect choice for those who want to try out the best hygrometers that are no-frills, all function.
- All info is at a glance
- Easy to use
- Long battery life
- No remote monitoring
- Doesn’t have a backlight
5. Govee Wireless Humidity Works
- Works with Alexa: Get temperature and humidity...
- WiFi Wireless Monitor: Remotely monitor temp and...
- Super Accuracy: With built-in Swiss-made SHT30...
Do you have an Amazon Echo in your smart home? If so, you have to check out this hygrometer. It pairs with Alexa for audio readings at your convenience. If you don’t feel like talking, you can also monitor the readings through an app. The free app provides alert messages and data storage that can be exported in CSV format.
The sensor is meant for home use. It has a cute and simple design, plus a stand. You can view humidity and temperature readings directly on the sensor, which is great on days where your WiFi is spotty. If you decide to purchase multiple sensors, they can all be paired to and calibrated through the app.
- Pairs to Alexa
- Remote monitoring
- Readings are shown on the sensor
- Doesn’t work with Google Home
6. ThermoPro TP53 Hygrometer
- 【Upgraded version - Touch Sensitive...
- 【Air Comfort Indicator】Humidity meter shows...
- 【MAX & MIN Records】Humidity Monitor with...
Add a little color to the room by monitoring with ThermoPro’s TP53 hygrometer. The large screen has a touch backlight in luminant orange-yellow. As for readings, you can easily see the humidity, temperature, and high/low of the last 24 hours as well as the all-time high or low. It also has arrows that indicate the recent rise and falls in temperature and humidity levels.
The monitor can be propped on its stand or stuck to the fridge. It comes already calibrated with error margins of ±2°F and ±2-3%RH. It’s very reasonably priced and has many high reviews.
- Backlight turns off automatically to save the battery life
- Large screen for optimal readability
- No low battery indicator
- Tips over easily on soft surfaces
7. Cigar Oasis Analog Hygrometer
- Advanced humidity sensor maintains accuracy to +/-...
- User recalibrate-able
- Scratch & fog resistant glass face
Looking for something a little more classy? Well, it doesn’t get much more sophisticated than Cigar Oasis. This analog hygrometer has scratch and fog-resistant glass and a magnetic mount. It’s very easy to read and can be recalibrated if needed.
As you can guess from the brand name, this device is designed specifically for use in cigar humidors. But that doesn’t prevent you from using it in other enclosed spaces to let you know their conditions.
- Small error margin of ±1% RH
- Very simple to set up and read
- No detailed information
- No remote monitoring
8. Govee Thermometer Hygrometer
- Hassle-free LCD Display: It offers real-time...
- High Accuracy: Built-in Swiss-made SHT30 sensor,...
- Up to 260ft Remote Range: Bluetooth-enabled...
Do you love the app features but not the price? Govee digital hygrometers pair to an excellent app while keeping the costs down. The free app supports multiple sensors with a Bluetooth connection. It stores 20 days of data in a curve graph and can export the latest 2 months data in CSV format.
The sensor also doubles as a monitor for quick readings. It has an LCD display that shows the indoor humidity, temperature, high/low, and comfort indicator. It updates every second, providing the most current data. The sensor has a foldout stand and can be mounted on the wall.
- Pairs to app through Bluetooth (no WiFi required)
- Fast updates
- Only has a 260 ft remote range
- No backlight on the sensor
9. SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer
- Flexible: Add a SensorPush G1 WiFi Gateway (sold...
- Powerful: Line of sight range of 325 feet keeps...
- Easy one-time setup with our beautifully designed,...
This hygrometer has one of the smallest sensors, which is perfect for placement in tiny spaces. To view the readings, simply download SensorPush’s free app and pair the sensor via Bluetooth. From there, you can store and view unlimited data, set notifications, and export data in graphs. The sensor itself stores the last 20 days of data and updates every minute.
Indoor placement is ideal for this hygrometer. However, it can be used outside in protected areas. You’ll find that these digital hygrometers are very easy to pair and use.
- Connects to app through Bluetooth
- WiFi add-on available
- App supports unlimited sensors
- Only pairs to iOS 8+ and Android 5.0+
- High humidity error margin of 3-7.5%RH
10. AcuRite 02097M Wireless Humidity Sensor/Thermometer
- Displays indoor and outdoor temperature...
- Totally wireless tabletop and Wall-mountable...
- Manually toggle between readings or enable...
This model for home use is about as basic as it gets, but sometimes simple is best. Fully wireless, it comes as two pieces: a display and a sensor. Both will track the relative humidity and temperature where they’re placed.
Put one in your grow tent to monitor your plants’ humidity levels, and put the other one in the room outside to make sure you’re not getting moisture escaping. Or put one in your closet and the other in the bedroom. Either scroll through to see the readings from each area, or set it to auto-cycle. You’ll know your home humidity in moments!
- Fully wireless, runs on batteries
- Both receiver and sensor track humidity and temperature
- Easy to use
- Additional sensors not available
- No history or 24-hour high/low reading
- Units should be in close proximity to each other (within 50 meters)
What Is A Hygrometer?
A hygrometer is a device that measures the percentage of humidity in the air (also referred to as the relative humidity). In the past, they were just dials showing a rough estimate. Thanks to advances in technology, we now have hygrometers that give accurate humidity readings digitally and include a plethora of additional features. Some even link to apps so the humidity readings can be viewed remotely.
Hygrometers are extremely beneficial for gardeners, particularly those with plants indoors. With one, you’ll always know exactly what the ambient weather conditions are and can make sure to protect your plants from low or high humidity. But hygrometers aren’t limited to just gardening uses. They have a variety of uses, all of which are beneficial.
How Is A Hygrometer Used?
Most types of hygrometers come pre-calibrated and ready to use. If they connect to an app, you’ll have to download it and pair it to the sensor. Place the sensor wherever you need to track humidity and test it out!
As we mentioned, a hygrometer can let you know many different things. Here are some examples to give you an idea of their versatility:
- Monitoring a greenhouse or grow room to ensure proper humidity for plants
- Checking the humidity in a baby’s room
- Determining if low or high humidity level is a problem for your health
- Ensuring your egg incubator or reptile tank is at the right level for proper care
- Storing things which require a certain humidity level such as cigars, wines, or musical instruments
- Helping you prevent mold growth in bathrooms, fridges, crawlspaces, etc.
Best Hygrometer Features
Just by doing a Google search, you’ll see that all hygrometers aren’t created equal. There are so many features out there that it can be hard to choose. Before shopping around, consider what you’re going to use the hygrometer for and what features are most important to you. Then you can look for specific applications without gettings distracted by all the frills.
Accuracy is perhaps the most important function. Unfortunately, no hygrometer is perfect so there’s always going to be an error margin. On the product description, you’ll see it listed as a small percentage. Most error margins will be ±2-3%RH (relative humidity). If this is a really important feature for you, don’t get anything with an error margin of about 3%.
Many hygrometers now are very tech-savvy. They pair to apps where the information is available on your devices remotely. Most work with WiFi so you can check the humidity when you’re not at home. Some pair to Bluetooth instead, which lets you view the information in locations without WiFi access. However, these usually have a short connection range.
High and low measurements are featured in every digital hygrometer we’ve come across. They usually take these measurements from the last 24 hours – some from all the data. This handy feature lets you check the extremes of the day to get a better idea of your overall temperature and humidity levels.
Unless you live in a small space, chances are you have multiple rooms that need to be monitored. Luckily, there are plenty of hygrometers that support multiple sensors. These sensors are usually faceless and pair to a master device. Then, you only have to keep track of one monitor to read the temperature and humidity levels in each room. Many hygrometers that pair to an app will support multiple or even unlimited sensors.
Size is also something to take into consideration. If you’ve got a small cigar humidor, you don’t need a monster device taking up all the room inside. Remote sensors can be fairly small, but there’s also hygrometers that are designed to fit into smaller spaces. One which is meant as a general indoor hygrometer can be larger and placed on a wall or shelf where you want to monitor humidity and temperature.
Lastly, you’ll want to consider the user interface. How easy is it to use? Do you want to see all the information at once without pushing buttons or pulling up an app? Most people want a hygrometer digital screen to be easy to use and user-friendly. If you’ve got low humidity in a given area, you’ll want your humidity meter to tell you that as soon as possible.
When it comes to simplicity and user-friendliness, there’s a hygrometer for every preference. As you can imagine, the devices that pair to apps or touchscreens have lots of details. It will take time to learn all the features. The more minimalistic devices though have all the information at a glance. There is no right or wrong feature – just your preference.
The Green Thumbs Behind This Article:
Last update on 2020-05-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API