Hi there! I'm Kevin, the founder of Epic Gardening and a fellow gardener just like you.
If you're reading this, chances are you're interested in becoming a contributor to the site. By writing for Epic Gardening, you'll be able to share your love of gardening with hundreds of thousands of other fellow gardeners all around the world.
That being said, I am selective about what I do and do not allow on the site. Epic Gardening is a site by gardeners are for gardeners, so please read through the rest of this page to see if becoming a contributor is something you're interested in.
All of the writing on Epic Gardening is designed to help people learn how to grow their own food and ornamental plants. This includes topics like:
- Different methods of growing - hydroponics, aquaponics, small-space gardening, etc.
- How to get rid of pests and diseases in the garden
- How to troubleshoot common plant problems
- How to get the most out of your garden, no matter where you live in the world
To contribute to the site, you should have a story about how you solved a gardening problem, whether that's a creative way to deal with a pest, a pruning strategy, or a simple gardening tip.
What's In It For You?
If you write a piece that I publish, I will promote that piece far and wide to the Epic Gardening audience:
- Website: 200,000+ visits a month
- Instagram: 70,000+
- Twitter: 15,000+
- Pinterest: 6,000+
- Facebook: 11,000+
- Email: 5,000+
You will also get:
- Authorship credit
- The ability to add a link in your author bio to your website
Here is the truth:
I get an incredible amount of contributor requests and have a high editorial bar for what I allow on the site.
Before you submit a piece, please review these guidelines to ensure your piece is accepted.
- If you are NOT a gardener, I am NOT interested in publishing your work. I hate to be so blunt, but if you are a brand or company looking for a backlink, you are not welcome here unless you have gardening experience.
- Do not link to any products. Links should point to informative and authoritative sources.
- If English is not your first language (and it shows), there is a very high chance that I won't publish your article.
Now that those are out of the way, here are some guidelines on how to write a truly epic gardening piece:
- First and foremost, you should be solving a gardening problem for the reader. It should be a problem that you have encountered yourself in your own garden, struggled with, and then figured out a solution for.
- The best performing pieces tend to be 1,500 words or more.
- Your piece must be unique and never published anywhere else, online or offline.
- Write in a conversational tone, like you're explaining to your friends.
- Keep your introduction short, preferably less than 100 words. Your opening should hook readers to continue reading your article.
- If you mention a study, fact, or stat, please link to the original source.
Apply to Become a Contributor
If you're still with me, fill out the form below.
I will get back to you within 1-2 days with our feedback!