By writing for Epic Gardening, you'll have the opportunity to tap into our audience of plant lovers, help them, share your story, and reach a large audience for yourself or your brand.
That being said, I am selective about what I do and do not allow on the site.
Here is the mission of Epic Gardening
I want to help 1,000,000 people around the world learn how to grow plants.
Epic Gardening focuses on gardening guides, tips, and reviews. This includes topics like:
- Hydroponics & Aquaponics
- Urban Gardening / Farming
- Ornamental and Houseplants
- Growing Food
To contribute to the site, you should be writing about something related to one of the topics above, or one of the categories on our site. If you can't find your topic, then your piece is probably not a fit for Epic Gardening.
If you write a piece that we publish, your piece will be promoted to our social channels and email list:
- Instagram: 50,000+
- Twitter: 15,000+
- Pinterest: 5,000+
- Facebook: 13,000+
- Email: 5,000+
Here is the truth:
I get an incredible amount of contributor requests and have a high editorial bar for what I allow on our site.
Before you submit a piece, please review these guidelines to ensure your piece is accepted.
- The best performing pieces tend to be 1,500 words or more.
- Your piece must be unique and never published anywhere else, online or offline.
- Write in a conversational tone, like explaining to your friends. Be informative, educational, positive, yet still easy to read.
- Include at least one photo. Your photos should be high quality, high resolution, and not stolen from other websites.
- Come up with a title that grabs readers' attention.
- Keep your opening short, preferably less than 100 words. Your opening should intrigue readers to continue reading your article.
- If you mention a study, fact, or stat, please link to the original source.
- You are more than welcome to add a link to your website in the article, and it would be appreciated if you linked to other articles on Epic Gardening as well.
- Do not write an article with the sole intention of promoting a business, brand, or product. These articles tend to do poorly, aside from just being bad practice.
- Do not submit a poorly-written article that has been outsourced simply for a link.
- Link to any products. Links should point to informative websites, which may include your own.
The best way to ensure you're following our guidelines is to ask yourself this simple question:
Is this piece something I would be proud to publish on my own site?
If the answer is "No," then it's probably not a fit for Epic Gardening either.
Apply to Become a Contributor
If you're interested, send in your information and a few headline ideas for pieces below. We will get back to you within 1-2 days with our feedback!