Aquaponics 4 You Review: Is It Legit?
Review Of: Aquaponics 4 You
Ease of Instructions
- Video instructions make the entire build easy
- Simple and straightforward
- Good info on what fish to use and what plants work best
- Extremely low-cost for a guide of this depth
I Didn't Like
- No tracking log included
- Videos watched online or DVD - no download
Quick Summary: Aquaponics 4 You is one of the most comprehensive beginner aquaponics guides on the market right now. It takes you from knowing nothing to setting up a basic system and making sure that NOTHING goes wrong.
In the world of aquaponics, there are only a few heavyweights that command respect and have really put in the time to help hobbyists out. One of them is Murray Hallam, the Australian aquaponics wunderkind, and the other is John Fay, the author of Aquaponics 4 You.
I've been hesitant to review products like these before, because you can teach yourself just about anything you need to know about aquaponics. But I like efficiency and I like my information all in one place (in fact, it's why I started this site!). So, I decided to bite the bullet and give this course a shot.
What Is Aquaponics 4 You?
Aquaponics 4 You is a guide that teaches you how to build your first aquaponics setup from scratch on a budget. Most beginners get scared off by aquaponics due to the sheer complexity of it all, which is where Aquaponics 4 You comes in to offer assistance.
It's a written guide and video tutorial series that shows you every single step to take to set up a simple, functional aquaponics system for under $400 dollars.
The Mind Behind Aquaponics 4 You: John Fay
The creator of the system is John Fay, who is a certified organic farmer and aquaponics expert who's been at it for years. His presentation style is super-friendly on the video instructions and makes a very strong case for moving to aquaponics from hydroponics (I'll still always have a hydro system going though!).
It doesn't matter what you grow, whether you're an experienced green-thumb or if you're just getting into it, anyone can do this, it's easy, and you can do it too.
Countless farms and gardens are now switching over to Aquaponics, the benefits are just too many. In fact, if you care about your garden, and your family, you cannot afford not to set up your first Aquaponics system as soon as possible.
Don't wait until your neighbor is putting one together and you're playing catch up!
Aquaponics 4 You Creator, Certified Organic Farmer
Aquaponics 4 You Package Review
Curious what you get in the guide? Here's the entire breakdown:
- Aquaponics 4 You Manual: The step-by-step instructions to build your first aquaponics system - also includes essential info on how to maintain your system which is crucial for a first time grower
- Step-By-Step Video Instructions: Some people learn better by watching (like me). Watch John build his aquaponics system and follow along in the video series
One of the things I liked about this particular guide was the massive amount of extra bonuses John throws in for free. Check them out:
- Organic Gardening for Beginners: If you haven't delved into organic gardening, this is a solid primer on the topic
- Herbs for Health and Home: Goes deeper into herbs than just growing them, talking about how they can heal and improve health
- A Guide To Flower Gardening: If you want to create a visually pleasing garden, flowers are the way to go and this guide is a good start
- Worm Farming - The World's Best Compost: Creating your own worm compost is awesome for aquaponics as you can use it to supplement plant growth
- Guide to Organic Cooking: If you haven't quite figured out what to do after you harvest, this points you in the right direction
- Eating Healthy: Growing healthy food is nice, but maknig sure you're eating the right foods is another story
There's a lot of information in the bonus guides, some of which you might not care about - that's OK! I didn't read half of them, but I know I'll want to give them a peek later on when I expand to different types of gardening.
My Final Aquaponics 4 You Review
I'm Not Fond Of
One of the only things I found wrong with the guide was a lack of a log to track your measurements, pH, EC, and all of your grow notes. As an aquaponics beginner it's crucial to know exactly what you're doing to your garden every single day so you can troubleshoot any potential problems, and I think the guide would be stronger if they included a printable grow log - but that's about my only critique.
I'm a visual guy, so being able to watch the videos and follow along with the downloadable guide was a huge plus for me. I'm not much of a builder so the instructions and materials breakdown was awesome as well.
But what I liked the MOST was the information on all of the essential fish and plants that work best in the system. I had dreams of growing certain fish and plants and was glad to know that some of them would have harmed the stability of the system before I went ahead and messed it all up.
There's some really valuable information in this guide that doesn't show up in many others.
If you've been curious about aquaponics for a while now but just haven't pulled the trigger, you're not going to find a more comprehensive guide to get you up and running without doing hours and hours of research than Aquaponics 4 You.
It's cheap and gets you set up and growing as fast as humanly possible. John makes it straightforward, simple, and fun...all while making sure you're armed with the information you need to have a successful aquaponic garden.