The Mission of Epic Gardening is Simple.
I want to help 1,000,000 people around the world learn how to grow plants.
Since founding this website as a hobby in 2013, Epic Gardening has grown to reach aspiring gardeners in over 100 countries around the world. It began as a way for me to document my journey in hydroponics, the art of growing plants without soil.
Since then, it's expanded considerably. Epic Gardening is for you if:
- You want to learn how to grow your own food
- You want to learn about hydroponics, aquaponics, or urban gardening
- You want to learn how to care for houseplants and use them in your home
- You want to learn how to prevent garden pests, diseases, and problems
- You want to develop your green thumb
By blending science and nature and putting that knowledge in the palm of your hand, I hope to influence a generation to reconnect with nature in a way that truly improves your life.
Who's Behind Epic Gardening?
Hi there – I’m Kevin. I got into gardening in early 2011 with my first hydroponics setup. I lived in a condo back then, so I didn’t have the space for a big backyard soil garden.
I had to get creative.
Learning about urban gardening was eye opening for me. It forces you to blend of science and nature in a way that really hooked me as a self-admitted geek and obsessive personality. I started to build all sorts of bizarre hydroponic systems and eventually my friends and family started to comment and ask how they could make some of these on their own.
They were amazed that plants could grow in these contraptions and wished there was a place to learn more about it.
When I started learning how to grow plants — both edible and ornamental — I was frustrated with the quality of information out there. It's no wonder people don't think they can grow plants...the information was just terrible!
So I started this site to change that. I do my best to put out the absolute highest quality and most in-depth gardening content on the internet.
How to Best Use Epic Gardening
Along with the blog, I also run a weekly gardening newsletter and am on a few different social networks.
- Follow me on Instagram, where I share gardening tips and photos from Epic Gardening community members who use the #epicgardening hashtag.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel, where I release gardening videos as often as possible.
- Subscribe to the Epic Gardening newsletter for weekly updates, giveaways, and more.
- Join the Epic Gardening Facebook group, with hundreds of gardeners from all around the world.
- Follow me on Pinterest and Twitter for more gardening inspiration.